Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18 North Atlantic

Today was a weird sort of day.  It started last night when we couldn’t sleep.  Norm finally fell asleep about 3:30 and I didn’t sleep at all. 

When Norm woke at 11 we went up to get something to eat then take a walk.  It was colder today, not a lot, but the seas were quite active all night and day.  Not my favorite thing.  So, at noon we heard that the wind was at 25 knots and the Beaufort Wind Force was 6.  Previous days the force has been 3 or 4 except overnight one night (which I didn’t know about because I was asleep) when it went to 7.  All I know is that the stronger the wind and the greater the force, the more the ship rock and rolls.

We were invited to a Champagne Afternoon Tea which we attended.  Very interesting ceremony involved in having the Afternoon Tea and they can feed you until you cry uncle.  First you are offered various teas which you have to smell and then decide which you will have.  Then they bring a 3-tiered tray of goodies.  The teas are timed to make sure they have set the appropriate length of time before being served.  When you’re about halfway through the tray, they come back time after time offering a variety of small sandwiches.  After the tea, it was obvious that there would be no dinner tonight; there wouldn’t be room for it.  The photo below shows the initial offering.



We went to the Royal Court Theatre to see a show called Apassionata which was an extravaganza of dance featuring the Cunard Singers and Dancers – fun!  It didn’t blow Norm’s skirt up but I really enjoyed it.  Afterwards we went to the Royal Ascot Ball and even danced!! Hallelujah!





Sending love R/P


No comments:

Post a Comment